Henry River Mill Village – Photography Policy
We ask all guests and photographers to please help us maintain the integrity of Henry River Mill Village by honoring these policies. They are intended to ensure the preservation and protection of Henry River Mill Village and its mission for educational outreach initiatives connecting the community with its history, culture, architecture, and wildlife.
Guest Snapshot Photography
For your own enjoyment, visitors are welcome to take snapshot photographs of animals, plants, architecture, and individuals that capture the events of your visit. Henry River Mill Village defines a snapshot as an informal photograph that is taken spontaneously and quickly without artistic intent and uses hand-held equipment only (Tripods, monopods, drones, extension cords, etc. are prohibited for guest snapshot photography). This type of photography is permitted for private and noncommercial use only. Guests should still observe our policy under General Photography Policies. You may share your photos of Henry River Mill Village on social media outlets, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Help share our mission with a tag by using #HRMV.
Special Occasion and Portrait Photography
Henry River Mill Village defines portrait photography as all wedding, engagement, family, maternity, portfolio, and any other posed portraiture of individuals by professional photographers, semi-pro, and amateur photographers, whether paid or unpaid. Henry River Mill Village reserves the right to further define Portrait Photography on a case-by-case basis. Special Occasion and Portrait Photography requests should be scheduled and approved in advance. Please see below for pricing and reservation request forms.
Commercial Photography and Videography
Henry River Mill Village defines commercial photography and videography as fashion shoots, advertisement, promotion, and documentation of the property for commercial use. We welcome proposals for commercial filming and photography and are happy to help location pick the best outdoor venue for their needs and assist in making necessary arrangements. Photography, videotaping or recording of any kind for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited unless approved and scheduled through Henry River Mill Village management. Photographs may not be published, sold, reproduced, distributed, or otherwise commercially exploited in any manner without written permission. Please contact management directly at (828) 471-4768 for more information.
General Photography Policies
- Henry River Mill Village may photograph visitors and program participants on occasion for promotional purposes. By entering Henry River Mill Village, visitors are granting their permission to be included in such photographs.
- All photography must be conducted without disruption to the Henry River Mill Village property or to the preparation and operation of events, without limitation to the accessibility of exhibitions, performances, private events, entry and exits, or high traffic areas on the property. Please note that any photography sessions are strictly prohibited in any spaces prior to or during any scheduled events.
- Guests must adhere to any posted safety advisories at all times. Photographers will be held accountable for their actions and those of clients, crew members and subjects if they damage any facilities or property. All professional filmmakers and photographers working on the Stanford campus are expected to carry appropriate insurance.
- Inappropriate attire, such as lingerie and/or bathing suits, is prohibited. Wearing such attire will result in immediate termination of the photo shoot, with no refund of fees.
- Please use your best judgment and do not bring anything that may be potentially harmful or disruptive.
Photography Pricing and Reservation Form
All Special Occasion, Portrait Photography and Commercial Photography and Videography session pricing is based on an hourly rate with single-day admission to Henry River Mill Village. Fees are subject to change dependent on availability, season and number of guests. Payment is due in full prior to the photo session. In the event of inclement weather, you will have the opportunity to reschedule your reservation. Photo sessions over three-hours will result in additional fees. All approved photographers must check-in at the Henry River gift shop prior to the start of an approved session.
Checks are payable to Henry River Mill Village LLC. We accept Master Card, Visa, AMEX, and Discover.
Reserved in Advance Sessions (at least 48 hours) Fees below are based on reservation approval. – $100/hour
Non-Reserved Walkup Sessions (Walk-ups must report to the Henry River gift shop prior to any session) Fees below are based on walkup approval. Henry River Mill Village reserves the right to turn away any walkup guests without approved reservations. – $150/hour